Tuesday 24 February 2009

And now for some truth. Well, at least a version of it.

In my head we are perfect. In my head we are like pieces in a jigsaw puzzle, we fit together like we're supposed to. In my head it's perfect. I know I don't want you because you're interesting or funny; I want you because you are there and because I can have you. And is that so wrong? To want something and know you can have it if you just snapped your fingers...or sent a text message.

In real life you are nothing. In real life you're like a reflection in a muddly puddle. I can send it away whenever. I don't want you. I want the idea of you. It comes in waves and when it subsides I realise what a jerk I've been, but at the time I don't care. Would I hate it if I were you?

You aren't enough. I like to pretend that you are the jigsaw piece - but you're not. You're so far from that. I don't want you.


No comments: