Wednesday 14 November 2007

Last night will go down in history...

As one of the best gigs in the history of the world.

My Chemical Romance. Sheffield Hallam FM Arena. A 2 hour car journey. Right in front of Ray Toro. 3 people away from the barrier.

Can you people say 'Immense'?

Of course, I will always say that they rocked the house down and they kicked ass and that Toro looked mighty fine (which he did) but every word I speak/write about this gig is true.

We got there late. I was stressed, excited, terrified, etc. When we entered into the arena Mindless Self Indulgence were about 3/4's into their set. Honestly, I'm not keen on them, but they put on a bloody good show, so kudos to them for that.

I'll admit, I was stropping. I don't like being at the back, I wanted to be near Toro for my last gig for 2(ish) years, so we pegged it into the crowd and did the whole shuffling into gaps thing. Me and my friend assembled a bulldozer and chugged our way nearer and nearer.

And then it started. They came on.

Toro wearing some weird lookin' mask and other strange props. Gerard in a waistcoat people! Mikey looking as emotionless as ever ( we love him really) and the substitute drummer and rhythm guitarist. I was going insane in that very moment. This wasn't the Black Parade. This was My Chemical fucking Romance. Thus followed the best 1 hour and 10 minutes ever. Period. 2 new, immense songs. A very sexy looking Toro and the best songs ever to grace my ears. Yes, I cried in Cancer, again.

Moving on, I don't wanna talk it out. I'm in a bad mood this morning. I don't wanna moan and whine, but I'm a teenager, it's what I'm good at. It's all boys, boys,boys. One college boy in particular. Hmm. That is all.

I'm tired and just cannae be bothered.

Loves.

No comments: