Tuesday 9 June 2009

I understand that you're my crutch when I'm stressed. When the going gets tough I turn to you, but you're not there anymore. I know this is a little self-pitying but I'm running on four hours of sleep and my hormones are doing a funny little scotch jig.

In the words of Stonesour:

You throw me a bone just to pick me dry.

I can't go on waiting for you to come and sweep me off my feet, it's just not realistic anymore. But I just can't seem to let you go. You gave me something so special but I had no choice but to take it away. It's horrible, awful. All because you wouldn't have been there. You just walked away.

I get scared that when I go to uni you will change your mind. Is scared the right word? Or is it hopeful? I can't say I wouldn't take you up on it, I can't say I'd be strong and say no. Because you have got me, well and truly, especially when I'm vulnerable. I want to be able to say that I could turn around to you and say 'I don't need you.' but I don't think I ever could because you've got me.

The worst thing? You probably won't do that at all and I'll probably be so naive as to wait for you. It's like waiting for Godot with you, I never know where I stand.

No comments: