Thursday 8 January 2009

When I caught myself, I had to stop myself.

I am well and truly out of my depth.

I was waiting for him to come back after our row, my eyes watering periodically and tears streaming down my cheeks in unpredictable downpours.

I'd sat there staring into his green eyes and he pleaded with me to tell him the truth. There was no other way, I had to tell him.

"You're dying."

The words fell out of my mouth and hung in the air. For a moment I thought it would be okay but then they came crashing down like lead weights. He didn't believe me. He screamed at me, pacing up and down the room.
"You're scared. You've never gotten this close to anyone before and you're trying to push me away." I wanted to shake him; make him see that no I wasn't trying to push him away. I was trying to tell the truth.
"No, it's true. I can see it."

And with that he'd stormed out. His timer slowly ticking down, taking all his precious seconds with him and leaving me with what seemed like eternity.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

So sad. :( Poor Liha. He should have believed her when she said about the timer. It's not like anybody's really going to lie to you about that ... I can see him finally realizing that when he's about to die, or something.
Anyway, fab piece as usual. But is there any way in Liha's power can be a good thing? Like when she's around an enemy or something? x