Monday 20 April 2009

You look so defeated lying there in your new twin size bed...

I'm quite happy I can now blog on the go. It's nice!

Piece of writing for you all.

I sat on the train and watched the world bleed inky blueness from the windows down.
I wondered if it were possible to feel so closed in with such open spaces around you.
I did.
I wanted to fly on the drift with the sunburnt leaves swirling around my feet and smile into the wind. To inhale the hot white gusts but still feel breathless.
Instead, I sat and watched my reflection mimick my movements on the other side of the glass. In that moment I realised that she too was trapped between the panes, just sat there, staring back.

Six hours on my head still hurts and trains and people's voices sound like waves to me, the tide slowly drifting in.
Announcements echo around a packed carriage and destiny feels so clinincal, so cold.
It feels as though I'll clock in and out. In and out.
Skewered on the hands, rotating on the face, waiting for the alarm to wake me
And start it all again.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Wow. I really like this. The imagery is beautiful. I just get the idea of watching everything but not really being a part of anything, sort of like a bystander.
I would comment more but I'm still doing my essay :( so I will comment again when I'm done. :)